A psychic reading can offer in-depth insights into all aspects of your life. But how much can you expect to pay for a reading with a psychic or medium? How do you know if a reading is too expensive, or so cheap that it just has to be too good to be true?
I struggled with these questions myself when I first decided to get a reading, but after many years of consulting with psychics, I know exactly how much a reading should cost.
Here’s what you can expect.
How Much Do Psychics Cost?
Want to know if there’s a promotion in sight at your job? Do you have questions about your love life? If you need clarity on anything in your life, an experienced psychic can give you the answers you need to set you on the right path.
But how much do psychics cost? In my experience, several factors determine the cost of a psychic. Here are some of them:
- Experience – You’ll find a lot of psychics online, but not all of them are experienced enough to give you an accurate reading. In many cases, the most experienced psychics cost more than those who just started out.
- Specialized Skills – Some skills are more common than others, so rare skills could attract higher demand. As a result, psychics with specific skills may cost more than others.
- Popularity – Some psychics are more popular than others, and some have even gained celebrity status. You can expect such psychics to cost more than others.
- Reading Length – Online psychics typically charge by the minute. The longer your reading runs, the costlier the psychic will be.
- Website – Some psychic sites are generally more expensive than others. Some offer uniform costs for all of their psychics, while others allow their psychics to charge whatever they want.
I personally use these factors as a guide to determine if a psychic is worth what they charge. But keep in mind that these factors are not absolute, especially if you use them individually.
For instance, a psychic that costs a lot might lack experience and give you the worst reading you’ve ever had. And just because a psychic has in-demand skills doesn’t mean those skills are the best match for your situation.
Combining these factors, however, has helped me find the right psychic time and time again and at great costs.
How Much Do Mediums Cost?
If you’re in a situation where you need to speak to a loved one who has passed away, then an experienced medium can be of help. But how much do mediums cost?
The cost of a medium relies on the same criteria as psychics. A medium’s experience, specific skills, popularity, the length of the reading, and the particular website all contribute to how much a medium costs.
For instance, a medium who offers trance mediumship, where they allow a spirit to use their body as a communication vessel, might be more expensive than a medium who simply relays messages from the spirit world to you.
And like psychics, each criteria carries more weight when combined with all other factors. And just because one factor checks out doesn’t mean a medium is worth the costs they charge.
The Average Cost of Psychic Readings
To give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for a psychic reading, I have listed some of my favorite sites.
- Keen – Most psychic readings on Keen cost anywhere from $1.99 per minute to $9.99 per minute, but I have seen some of their psychics and mediums charging as high as $30 per minute.
- Psychic Source – Psychics and mediums on Psychic Source charge anywhere from $1 to $19.99 per minute for a reading.
- PathForward – Readings on PathForward are very affordable, ranging from $1 to $5 per minute, making this one of my favorite psychic websites.
- Kasamba – You can get a reading on Kasamba for as low as $1.99 per minute, but some of their advisors charge as high as $30 per minute.
- California Psychics – Readings on California Psychics cost anywhere from $2 to $13 per minute.
All of these psychic websites offer great introductory offers (including free readings and/or questions) and satisfaction guarantees, so you can try them out without having to spend much out of your pocket.
Price is such an influential part of how people value psychic readings, so it’s important to know what a psychic or medium is worth, even before you get a reading. And with the combination of factors I’ve provided, determining how much a psychic or medium costs should be fairly easy.