Worried your partner’s not being faithful, or maybe you’re interested in learning to read and advise others?
Here’s my all-out guide to reading tarot cards for cheating and infidelity.
Tarot Cards for Cheating and Infidelity: A Guide
Before I drive in, I’m prefacing my tarot card for cheating and infidelity list by saying that, although the tarot is a very powerful and intuitive form of psychics reading, only you and your partner can know the truth in your relationship.
Here are some quick things to keep in mind when reading tarot for cheating and infidelity:
- It’s up to you to take action, if you find your tarot cards predict cheating and infidelity.
- Remember, the tarot is a guide, not an absolute truth. If you’re worried the tarot might predict cheating and infidelity, your first step should be to talk to your partner about your concerns.
- Always use your intuition, and don’t forget to ignore your gut feelings!
- You can always speak to an experienced tarot reader, who will give you a dedicated love and relationships/cheating and infidelity tarot reading.
The following cards are my ultimate list of tarot for cheating and infidelity readings.
The 2 of Pentacles
The 2 of Pentacles usually means some kind of juggling act.
While this can indicate either positive juggling, or cheating-related ones, it could mean that your partner is balancing something; whether that’s feelings, another partner or even their resources (such as a divorced partner with children to support), the 2 of Pentacles usually means some kind of divided attention.
The High Priestess
The High Priestess is all about intuition, and can be found in tarot readings for cheating and infidelity for two main reasons:
- The High Priestess means you should listen to your gut. Seeing this card in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity could mean that your initial hunches that you’re being cheated on is correct
- The High Priestess also represents hidden meanings, secrets or the unknown. This could be an indication that, when she appears in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, that your partner is literally keeping something from you.
The 7 of Swords
Probably one of the most common tarot reading for cheating and infidelity cards to appear, the 7 of Swords means deception. Depending on the way it’s presented, it could mean a positive deception, or a negative deception, but either way, if this card appears you should be questioning something in your partner’s behavior.
Any tarot card reader – expert or novice – will tell you that The Tower – meaning destruction, shock and the unexpected – would not be a positive thing if it showed up in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity.
As it means something unexpected, you might be surprised to learn that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. After all, if you suspect your partner is cheating on you, then you might be surprised to learn that The Tower’s appearance means something else entirely. The Tower doesn’t always mean that there’s cheating in your relationship; it could mean that there’s a totally different type of secret, even one that you might not have expected.
Another common card to get in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, the Fool can mean shocking or unpredictable behavior. It could mean several things –
- Your partner is representing a different face, either to you or someone else (for example pretending they’re single, when they aren’t)
- Your partner has led you to believe your relationship is serious, when it isn’t
- Your partner has denied cheating, when they actually have
Obviously, this is all up to interpretation and depends on the context, but the Fool usually only appears when there is some kind of questionable behavior.
The Knight of Wands
The Knight is known for his high sex drive, which, if you’re in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, can be either a good or bad thing.
If the Knight appears in the space represented for your view of your partner, and you’re reading is about infidelity, it might not be such a good sign. However, depending on the context of your reading, it could also signal unmet desires or needs (such as your own sex drive’s needs not being met).
The Queen of Swords
Just as with the Knight of Wands, the Queen of Swords can, depending on the context of your reading, mean ‘the other woman’.
With tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, the Queen of Swords might symbolize someone who feels bad feelings towards you, or who wishes for harm to come to you. It could also represent someone who meddles in your relationship. So I’d really recommend taking note of where the Queen of Swords appears in your tarot reading for cheating and infidelity –
- If it appears in your space, it could mean that you’re actively sabotaging your relationship
- If it appears in the space for your partner, it could mean that they are allowing other people to try and sabotage the relationship
- If it appears elsewhere, it could mean outside influences (and not just a person) sabotaging the relationship
The Queen of Swords can be taken either literally or metaphorically, and it really depends on the reading itself.
The 3 of Swords
Similar to the 7 of Swords, the 3 of Swords is another classic card to appear in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity.
The third sword means intrusion into the two ‘swords’ in your relationship – you and your partner. It’s a very traditional card for heartache.
But, also pay attention to where the card appears: it might not mean that you’re headed for the end of the relationship – it could also mean that there will be difficult stretches ahead. And if so, remember that foreknowledge is power!
As its name suggests, the Magician means magic – manifestation, new and exciting opportunities and things happening. The Magician is usually a positive card, although in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, it could mean the Magician shows his dark side.
Magicians revel in deception and trickery, and some people even consider them to be con artists. The tarot card Magician is the same – if you see him in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, it could mean that you are experiencing some of that classic trickery and deception, while you thought you were experiencing magic.
The Moon is probably my top pick for a cheating card in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity.
Think about it – the Moon is the opposite to the sun, and symbolizes all things hidden and dark. Maybe something in your relationship is shrouded in darkness, or maybe it’s not all as it seems.
The Moon is pretty similar to the High Priestess, with a similar indication of intuition, secrets and something hidden. Maybe you, as the seeker of truth, have a gut feeling that something isn’t quite right, and that’s why you’re in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity. The Moon card could even symbolize that you’re uncovering a deception, and it’s the sign you’ve been waiting for.
Tarot Cards for Infidelity and Cheating: Other Factors You Need to Know
Although when it comes to tarot reading for cheating and infidelity you can’t really get any definitive answers, there are several other indications you can use to help you understand your reading further.
Your chosen tarot expert will probably mention these things (and remember, the tarot is always open to interpretation), but here are some extra things you can use to help you understand your reading:
Whereas upright cards usually indicate positivity and straightforwardness, reversed cards do the opposite.
Specific cards to look out for include reversed court cards (King, Queen, Knight), as well as any reversed typical ‘love’ cards, like –
- The Ace and two of Cups
- Ace of Pentacles
- Three of Pentacles
If you receive any reversed typical ‘love’ cards with very classic tarot cards for cheating and infidelity (like the ones I’ve mentioned in the list above), then these should raise a few red flags.
Reading Styles: Celtic Cross Reading
This can be a little tricky for a novice to do, so if you’re interested in a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity with a Celtic Cross reading, I’d recommend seeking a tarot expert.
Depending on the way the cards fall, you might intuit different scenarios.
- Base cards placed in the root, cause and distant past settings that contain strong female deceptors (such as The Queen of Swords, Queen of Wands or high priestess) could indicate a female cheater/interloper, or a partner’s mistress
- If any of those above cards appear in the recent past setting, the affair/intrigue could be finished
- If the self position is occupied by any of these cards, the seeker could be the cheater
There are so many different possibilities and combinations here, that I really recommend going to a professional tarot reader expert to help you with the Celtic Cross reading – after all, if you’re looking for answers to important life questions, your reading is something you need to be done properly!
Taking your Tarot Reading for Cheating and Infidelity Further
As I mentioned above, when it comes to tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, the tarot will only give you an indication and motivation – you yourself need to take the push and take action.
Remember, a tarot reading is only as good as the reader and their interpretation – if you’re looking for a tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, I’d really recommend using a professional tarot reader with a specialism in tarot reading for cheating and infidelity. Once you’ve learned the cards, you could continue to do them for yourself.
However for the sake of your relationship, when it comes to tarot reading for cheating and infidelity, you really want to make sure that what you’re reading is accurate.